dfeed

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Wed Dec 14 18:52:12 PST 2011

On Dec 14, 2011, at 1:46 PM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

> Nobody is blindly embracing twitter.  It's an effective tool for announcing improvements for D -- one that many D users use (judging by the number of followers).

I'm not a huge fan of the current display format.  It's too narrow to read easily, for one.  I think I'd prefer it be more integrated like a blog, though the short length of the entries might look a bit weird in that format as well.  Not sure whether the twitter links (reply/retweet/etc) are of any use, but they don't hurt anything.

> I personally dislike facebook (no offense Andrei), because I hate the whole idea of having thousands of "friends".  I have friends, they are real, and I know I can trust them.  That girl I went on a date with once in high school but never talked to since graduation is not my "friend".  And if one of these people sent me a farmville message I'd want to lash them with my mouse.

To be fair, you can use Facebook however you want to.  I have a handful of "friends", all of which are actual friends and family, and my profile is empty but for family photos I want to share with these people.  I do think that organization websites that one can "like" is something better suited to twitter, but whatever.  It's an optional feature like everything else.