List of updated libraries

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Dec 19 09:01:50 PST 2011

On 12/19/11 6:27 AM, torhu wrote:
> On 19.12.2011 12:34, Henrik Nordvik wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Vladimir Panteleev
>> <vladimir at thecybershadow.net> wrote:

>>> Well, it's a wiki... if you have a few minutes of free time, you
>>> should edit
>>> the page to help future readers.
>>
>> Why are so many libraries abandoned?
>>
>> D - the language without libraries.
>>
>> Why are so many libraries abandoned?
>
> This is no different from other languages, it's just that dsource.org
> makes the dead projects highly visible by showing a complete list of all
> projects. And there's no activity statistics or anything to show which
> ones are still active.
>
> Imagine how many thousands of dead C and Java projects there are on
> SourceForge. I would guess that about 99% of all open source projects
> are dead, it's just that you never hear about them.

The site dsource.org is quickly becoming a net liability for D. It seems
the main issue is there is no time for even the smallest improvements,
which have been asked for years.

Brad Anderson, what steps can we take to help you administer
dsource.org? The community is growing and it has become relatively easy
to get help with high-visibility projects. Please let us know.

Thanks,

Andrei