List of updated libraries

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Dec 19 10:11:44 PST 2011

On 12/19/11 11:57 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2011-12-19 16:54, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "Jacob Carlborg"<doob at me.com> wrote in message
>> news:jcnmif$2ud7$1 at digitalmars.com...

>>> As far as I know xfbuild can build libraries but rdmd cannot. Hmm, or
>>> maybe it can with the --build-only and -lib flags.
>>
>> Good question, I've never tried. If it can't, it should.
>>
>>> But can you give a directory to rdmd ?
>>>

>> Not sure what you mean, but you can give RDMD anything that you can
>> give to
>> DMD.
>
> If I recall correctly, if you give xfbuild a file it will compile that
> and all its dependencies as an executable. If you give it a directory it
> will compile the whole directory as a library. That is also how
> dsss/rebuild works.
>
> Maybe it's possible to do something like:
>
> rdmd --build-only -lib foo/*.d

That can be made to work on Unixen but not on Windows, where the
wildcard must be expanded inside rdmd.

It doesn't work right now on Unixen because rdmd considers everything
following the first non-flag argument, an argument to the program
itself, not an argument for rdmd. That doesn't make sense with -lib so
things can be easily arranged to obtain the right semantics.

Andrei