Java > Scala

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Wed Dec 21 08:22:18 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 08:05 -0800, Isaac Gouy wrote:
[...]
> That is not true - Groovy had not been ejected.
>
> Your 6 month failure to contribute a single program was a strong reason measurements were not made for Groovy programs on the new hardware following September 2009.

The lack of interest in the Groovy community for doing the work caused
me to loose energy.  In the end the removal of Groovy from the Shootout
was a shame but not really that big a deal.

[...]
> Don't send me email - I want nothing to do with you.

Be that as it may, there *must* be no negative effect on the D, Python,
or Groovy communities and their position within the Shootout.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk