new documentation format for std.algorithm

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Wed Feb 2 15:20:08 PST 2011

On 2/2/11 11:34 PM, David Nadlinger wrote:
> Setting font size, line height and element dimensions in pixels is the
> only option if you want an at least somewhat consistent user experience […]

Okay, I guess that should rather be »the most reasonable option if you
want an at least somewhat consistent user experience…«.

I know well that standards-minded web developers used to strongly
advocate using relative sizes not too long ago, but in my perception,
things have changed since that.

Anyway, regardless of what's used as a base for font size, you'll
probably always need to modify the zoom level on some sites out there.
For example, Andrei's copy of the cutting-edge Phobos docs appears way
to big with standard Chromium font size settings on my screen, but if I
turned it down globally in browser preferences, Wikipedia would now be
too small – they use 0.8em font size for body copy…

David