std.xml should just go

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 16:09:57 PST 2011

On 02/04/2011 09:52 PM, so wrote:
>> What would you do in the case of pointers to functions, virtual functions,
>> functions implemented with inline assembly, and functions for which the
>> source is not available?
>
> Just like we don't know if the derived class overrides a given function, we
> could do something similar i suppose?

The case is different --I mean the comparison does not hold IIUC. Virtual
methods are /intended/ to be overriden, this is precisely part of their
semantics. While the whole point of const-the-D-way is to ensure actual
constness as marked in a given function's signature, whatever this function
itself calls. The contract is such that the reader does not even need to watch
further. Again, IIUC (please correct if I'm wrong on this).

Denis