tooling quality and some random rant

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 23:59:06 PST 2011

On 02/13/2011 07:52 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> - Option description text seems to be left aligned, yet there are 3
>> >  exceptions
>> >
> It all looks left-aligned to me, but I'm using the Win version. Maybe it's
> different for OSX. Seems weird that it would be though.

Maybe you did not watch properly, or indeed the win version output differently.
On linux, I get:

spir at d:~$ dmd --help
Digital Mars D Compiler v2.051
Copyright (c) 1999-2010 by Digital Mars written by Walter Bright
Documentation: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/index.html
Usage:
   dmd files.d ... { -switch }

   files.d        D source files
   @cmdfile       read arguments from cmdfile
   -c             do not link
   -cov           do code coverage analysis
   -debug=ident   compile in debug code identified by ident
   -debuglib=name    set symbolic debug library to name
   -defaultlib=name  set default library to name
   -deps=filename write module dependencies to filename
  -release       compile release version
   -run srcfile args...   run resulting program, passing args
   -unittest      compile in unit tests

Sure, very minor bug. But still... presentation counts.

Denis