tooling quality and some random rant

Alan Smithee email at example.com
Sun Feb 13 09:47:30 PST 2011

Gary Whatmore Wrote (fixed that for you):

Let's try to act reasonable here. Walter fanboyism is already
getting old and sadly favored by our famous NG trolls, that is
pretty much everyone here. I wouldn't be shocked to hear this Gary
Whatmore will be bashing D in about 2 years' time when he realizes
how naive he has been.

The creators haven't even attempted eating their own dog food. On
the other hand it's crystal clear that such a task as writing a
language and its compiler without any support from anyone is the
very definition of "Not Invented Here" that only a handful of
developers are willing to pursue on this planet. As a result D is
one of the most broken languages ever built. I honestly wish we
would sometimes question Walter's competence. He only has so much
time. All this love talk here blinds even more potential users. We
would already have a working compiler if they didn't want to
reinvent everything.