LAPACK/BLAS/SciD Windows

Caligo iteronvexor at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 09:54:10 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Lars T. Kyllingstad
<public at kyllingen.nospamnet> wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 21:05:37 +0000, %fil wrote:
>
> > Lars, David,
> >
> > Did you managed to get in touch with Bill for this? If so, would you be
> > able to provide a package with SciD including the BLAS/LAPACK in a DMD
> > compatible format? I would also be interested in this...
>
> I am thinking of cleaning up some small things here and there and making
> a 0.1 "release" in the form of an easily downloadable zip file.  It will
> of course be a rather arbitrary development snapshot, and in no way a
> "finished" product, but it may make things easier for potential users.
> I'm not sure I want to include someone else's prebuilt libraries, but
> I'll be sure to add a link to the BLAS/LAPACK download David mentioned.
>

> > Are there any plans to bring more of these numerical libraries (like
> > SciD or even basic linear alg) into Phobos? I would assume this would be
> > very welcomed by a lot of D developers, no?
>
> IMO, there should definitely be some basic linear algebra functionality
> in Phobos.
>

> > Btw, Lars, many thx for your work on SciD....
>
> You're welcome. :)
>
> -Lars

How about Eigen?
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

I've used it extensively in my C++ projects, and I'm very pleased.

Last time I counted, Eigen was about 10-15k lines of C++ code.  It's all
templates, and it might be the perfect project to translate to D to show off
some of D's meta and template features.  I only say this because I really
miss not having a linear algebra library in D, and I dislike language
bindings.

I'm still learning D from TDPL, but I would really like to see some sample
code in D for doing expression templates.  For example, could anyone
translate this to D? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expression_templates  It
took me about half an hour to understand the code because it's kind of hard
to read.  I wonder if D's version would be more readable.