Removed? (Wikipedia deletionism)

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 17:28:24 PST 2011

On 02/15/2011 02:00 AM, Aaron Smith wrote:
> Thank god we have TDPL, otherwise the D page would quickly lose this battle. D is much much more notable than Nemerle, Alice ML, Pure, Nosica, Kiev, Einstein, Alma-0, Joy, Zonnon, Y, Cat, Fancy, Ambi, Ptolemy, Mythryl, COMIT, Ioke, EASY, Aikido, A+, Adenine, Afnix, Bsisith, ChinesePython, AngelScript, Algae, Agena, Taxi, Inger, Iota, Jot, Agora, Falcon, Averest, Lava, Factor, Glagol. These all have been deleted by the same editor.

Believe it or not, from this list, I had studied a bit Nemerle, Joy and Factor
before I even knew there was a PL called D.

> This guy is actually doing us a great favor by deleting references to competition. This improves D's position a lot in Wikipedia.

<sigh>

D's actual competition is software market share big machines (also somewhat
usable as programming languages) backed by big companies.

[can any PL cited above be qualified as such?]

Denis