D for game development

Guilherme Vieira n2.nitrogen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 08:55:37 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu <
SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> A discussion to which I think some of us could add value:
>

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4516283/the-d-programming-language-for-game-development
>
> Andrei

Lambert's answer says the compilers are definitely not bug-free and all, but
is it really that bad? In a medium-sized project, do the compiler bugs
really get all too frequent or something, and if so, is it simple to find
workarounds?

Because I guess, quite frankly... if Derelict works, I have nearly no reason
to keep doing C++. In fact, the ease of meta and generative programming in D
makes me wonder if it's not much easier make the game engine in it.

--
Atenciosamente / Sincerely,
Guilherme ("n2liquid") Vieira