D for game development

Guilherme Vieira n2.nitrogen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 09:48:08 PST 2011

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Jimmy Cao <jcao219 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now I'm trying out the approach of making existing C++ 3D engines
> available for D.  SWIG is very instrumental in the process.
> I hope that after the 64-bit issues are worked out, some special attention
> can be applied to the D language issue(s) that make it harder for SWIG to
> effectively generate D code.

It's certainly a worthy effort. Having high-level libraries in D are a good
way of getting people to learn it faster by trying things they find fun
(such as making games).

But I think I'll take another route if I have the time to write games in D.
I don't think I would like to make a game using one of those anymore (I had
a sorta bad experience with Ogre in which it kept getting on my way, or
maybe I was just silly and disliked its style; in any case, I'd rather do
things from scratch now, since it's also good for learning).

In any case, two efforts are better than one. Much appreciated! I hope we
can help ourselves out. :)

--
Atenciosamente / Sincerely,
Guilherme ("n2liquid") Vieira