Who here actually uses D?

Jordi jordi at rovira.cat
Sun Jan 2 06:44:19 PST 2011

On 01/01/2011 11:22 PM, Robert Clipsham wrote:
> Having seen a post by Peter Alexander (in Re: D for game development),
> mentioning some of the issues he's hit I thought I'd post this. I've
> been in his shoes (every other time I use D it seems), and feel I should
> ask - who here uses D, and to what extent?
>
> I'm mostly interested in those of you with 1000 Line plus projects in D,
> as that's when I've found I start hitting issues.
>
> Just to clarify, for those D purists among you... I'm not trolling, just
> curious (I wouldn't normally have asked, but now I know I'm not paranoid
> and the only one having problems, I thought I'd ask).

I used D for one year now, converting my years-long C++ home project
(50K lines). I recently quit my job and i am starting a new small
venture (real-time graphics) in which i will use D for some of the
components.

I am happy with it, and i will slowly move to the new features. I am
specially interested in multithreading.

When it is worth (as in useful for somebody) i will open source some of
the D components.

j.