Who here actually uses D?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Jan 3 10:15:00 PST 2011

"Robert Clipsham" <robert at octarineparrot.com> wrote in message
news:ift0mt$60p$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 03/01/11 16:53, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about Qt then. I read
>> post from one of the Qt devs that said basically what I said above. So I
>> guess at this point I haven't a clue what to make of Qt. Oh well, anyone
>> know if wx is coming to D2?
>
> Having used both Qt and QtD on (Windows|Linux|OS X), I can say it looks
> native on all platforms (who cares if it actually is, it looks and feels
> it).

The typical problem with things that look native but aren't technically
native is that there's almost inevitably things that don't work right. For
instance, they may ignore the system color scheme, they may fail to work
with tools that inspect/manipulate other app's controls, they may not behave
correctly outside of the most common use-cases, they may ignore system-wide
skin settings (such things do, and should, exist for Windows), and I've even
seen ones that actually go and emulate the wrong system style (For instance,
Chrome/Iron's dialog windows look like Aero...but I'm on XP, and if I were
on Win7 I'd be using the Classic theme anyway. Very very sloppy).

If it turns out that Qt's self-drawn controls doesn't have any of those
issues, then I agree there's no problem at all. I'd also be incredibly
impressed.