Patterns of Bugs

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Thu Jan 6 12:25:20 PST 2011

On 06/01/11 19:38, Walter Bright wrote:
> http://www.drdobbs.com/blog/archives/2011/01/patterns_of_bug.html
>
> (dedicated to bearophile!)
>
> Anyone want to post it on reddit?

"It's too bad there doesn't seem to be an online repository of them.
They would make for great research material for programming language
designers. Every one you can design out of existence will incrementally
improve the productivity of programmers."

Perhaps someone here would like to volunteer for this? I guess some kind
of moderated bugzilla would do the trick, it'd be awesome to have some
table of languages and how many of the types bugs they prevent/kind of
prevent as well.

If no one else volunteers I guess I could hack something crude together,
it would still need people to volunteer bugs for it, as well as
sources/proof for each bug (links to changesets/projects that have
encountered this issue etc).

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/