DVCS (was Re: Moving to D)

Johann MacDonagh johann.macdonagh..no at spam..gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:45:35 PST 2011

On 1/16/2011 5:07 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> We'll be moving dmd, phobos, druntime, and the docs to Github shortly.
> The accounts are set up, it's just a matter of getting the svn
> repositories moved and figuring out how it all works.
>
> I know very little about git and github, but the discussions about it
> here and elsewhere online have thoroughly convinced me (and the other
> devs) that this is the right move for D.

I'm sure you've already seen this, but Pro Git is probably the best
guide for git. http://progit.org/book/

Once you understand what a commit is, what a tree is, what a merge is,
what a branch is, etc... its actually really simple (Chapter 9 in Pro
Git). Definitely a radical departure from svn, and a good one for D.