What Makes A Programming Language Good

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Wed Jan 19 04:06:58 PST 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:57:42 +0200, spir <denis.spir at gmail.com> wrote:

> Because when a module defines a type Foo (or rather, it's what is
> exported), I like it to be called Foo.d. A module called doFoo.d would
> certainly mainly define a func doFoo. So, people directly know what's in
> there (and this, from D's own [supposed] naming rules :-). Simple, no?

I actually tried this convention for a project. It turned out a not very
good idea, because if you want to access a static member or subclass of
said class, you must specify the type twice (once for the module name, and
another for the type) - e.g. "Foo.Foo.bar()".

Besides, it's against the recommended D code style convention:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/dstyle.html

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net