DVCS (was Re: Moving to D)

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Wed Jan 19 11:15:54 PST 2011

Wed, 19 Jan 2011 03:11:07 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:

> KennyTM~ wrote:
>> You should use LF ending, not CRLF ending.
>
> I never thought of that. Fixing that, it gets further, but still
> innumerable errors:
>

> [snip]

I already told you in message digitalmars.d:126586

"..your Ubuntu version isn't supported anymore. They might have already
removed the package repositories for unsupported versions and that might
indeed lead to problems"

It's exactly like using Windows 3.11 now. Totally unsupported. I'd so sad
the leader of the D language is so incompetent with open source
technologies. If you really want to stick with outdated operating system
versions, why don't you install all the "stable" and "important" services
on some headless virtual server (on another machine) and update the
latest Ubuntu on your main desktop. It's hard to believe making backups
of your /home/walter is so hard. That ought to be everything you need to
do with desktop Ubuntu..