Suggestion: New D front page

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Jan 29 07:37:18 PST 2011

On 1/29/11 9:04 AM, David Gileadi wrote:
> I'm currently a web dev guy and wouldn't mind contributing time to help
> develop the necessary code. Andrei or others, if you like this direction
> could you let us know what web technologies/languages your server supports?

I like David's design, but it isn't much more than a tasteful rework of
the previous one. The design proposed by Chris blew my mind. More than
the nice example I like the dynamism - various components are pulled off
dynamically, which makes revisiting worthwhile.

I'm in charge of d-programming-language.org, which will (when ready)
become the default landing page of D. However, it's served off Walter's
server. When I want some functionality (such as rsync recently), I ask
Walter, who relays the request to the server owner (Jan Knepper), who
deploys it. So I'm not sure what technologies are available, but Walter
and Jan should be able to respond.

This is very exciting!

Andrei