Q: Is there a (different) work-around for AA.keys problems?

Austin Hastings ah08010-d at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 08:05:52 PST 2011

Howdy,

I'm jammed up against a variation of the issue#3745/3770 AA linkage problem.

In my case, I'm using an int[ string ] AA, and I'm getting the dreaded
Error 42: Symbol Undefined
_D6object28__T16AssociativeArrayTAyaTiZ16AssociativeArray4keysMFNdZAAya

My code looks something like:

class gc_enum : subscriber
{
	int[ string ] gc_label_index;

	// ...

	void assign_gc_enum_vals( )
	{
		sorted_labels = gc_label_index.keys;
		sorted_labels.sort;

		// ...
	}

Looking in the rtl sources, I don't see that function in aaA.d. Maybe
it's in a different file, or maybe the compiler is supposed to magically
rewrite those accesses into something totally different.

I've been trying to get all my code into a single file, as that seems to
be a work-around, but I'm wondering if there are other ways to work
around this problem?

Thanks,

=Austin