Q: Is there a (different) work-around for AA.keys problems?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 08:17:39 PST 2011

Shooting in the dark here (I can't reproduce the error for
whatever reason), but for similar problems, I've found this fixes
it:

Add a function somewhere in your file that says:

void hackAroundBug() {
      writeln(typeid(int[string]));
}

You never actually need to call it. Just putting it there gives
the compiler that extra nudge to put the symbol back into the
object file.

The error I saw was related to .rehash being missing, but it
fixed it for me and might work here too.

My older method was to add

-I/home/me/d/dmd2/src/druntime/src /home/me/d/dmd2/src/druntime/src/object_.d -d

On to the DMD command line (object_.d has the code needed for
various AA things). Of course remember to fix the paths there
to your dmd source.

But with the referencing typeinfo workaround, I haven't needed
to do this at all anymore.