Suggestion: New D front page

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 16:06:09 PST 2011

Here's a summary of what the code does:

The compile and run box in the upper left runs DMD through my
build.d program from last week (meaning you have access to
whatever modules are in my repository and it demangles output).

It also checks for programs outputting CGI protocol headers
and forwards it to the browser. The example program there now
uses this to output a PNG image to your browser.

Moving down to Announcements, it pulls the thread titles of the
five most newsgroup posts. It determines if a message is a thread
by checking headers.indexOf("References: ")... it isn't 100%
accurate though. Anyone know of a better way? I'm an NNTP noob.

The Commits pulls the most recent commits from DMD, druntime,
and Phobos, then sorts by date and displays the most recent
five. It beautifies the date... though my timezone code is
evidently buggy... so you can see at a glance how active things
are.

Featured Projects is currently static html. I'm open to suggestions
on how to automate that.

And currently, at the bottom of the site, below the header, is
a ddoc program output with syntax highlighting. There's a small
bit of javascript that scans the file for those and adds
an Edit button above it. If you click that, it puts it in a
textarea and lets you compile and run it through the same service
as used above.

That script can be added to any ddoc page to make its code
compilable.

It needs to move to an isolated system for an actual launch.