D2 & Web-Framework

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Jul 15 15:31:48 PDT 2011

On 7/15/11 4:26 PM, Adam Ruppe wrote:
>> IMO it makes sense to use this to reduce process creation times.
>
> Process creation is a very small cost with D programs. It's nothing
> to worry about unless you have real world data to the contrary for
> your project.

Doesn't that apply more to Unix than to D?

One of the paradigm shifts incurred when I moved to Unix from Windows
was how incredibly cheap it was to create processes on Unix, and how
many great idioms derive from that. In Windows one gets used to thinking
creating a process is a big deal, which requires a fair amount of
unlearning.

Andrei