Prototype buildsystem "Drake"

Ulrik Mikaelsson ulrik.mikaelsson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 05:05:36 PDT 2011

2011/7/20 David Nadlinger <see at klickverbot.at>:
> Do you happen to known what issues they experienced in more detail? I'm
> curious because I personally found Rails deployment to be quite convenient,
> extending the Gemfile during development as needed, and then using Bundler
> (http://gembundler.com/) to ensure that the exact same versions of the
> dependencies are used when staging and deploying…

I do not know exactly what their problems was. For me, it was mainly
conflicts between OS package manager and language-specific. I recall
curl-bindings, and MySQL binding causing a lot of problems, also I
recall some graphics library depending on GTK breaking spectacularly.
Perhaps it's more polished now, or perhaps I just had bad luck.