What does C++ do better than D? - StackOverflow.com

Alix Pexton alix.DOT.pexton at gmail.DOT.com
Sat Jul 30 04:16:46 PDT 2011

On 30/07/2011 11:22, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Saturday 30 July 2011 11:43:29 Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just wanted to point this question to make sure there are feedbacks from
>> several points of view.
>> Some points in the current most voted answer are interesting and I guess
>> some people here will want to comment it.
>> However I don't think it's a very good idea, It would be better to just try
>> to post the most pragmatic and useful answer to the original question:
>>
>> http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/97207/what-does-c-do-better-t
>> han-d
>
> Ouch. Now you're going to make me think. My first reaction is to answer
> "nothing," but there almost has to be _something_. At the moment, however, I
> have no clue what that could be. I'll definitely have to think about this one.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Looks like that "current most voted answer" got some heavy edits to make
it more objective. I didn't see the original, but what I read was full
of misconceptions.

If I were to reply to the OP, I'd say that the one thing that C++ does
better than D is confuse new-comers, but that simply shows that I do not
have enough experience with C++ to know what it does well (if anything).

A...