How about D implementing some *more* commonly used Unit Test Framework?

Matthew Ong ongbp at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 23:28:51 PDT 2011

Hi,

I read this.
 >   D's unittests are not meant to replace a Unit test framework, they
are meant to be used.

Now, I understand why the unittest in D currently is limited.

I am not talking about for a full set of unit test frame work, But
at least some of the commonly used method shown here would be nice.

http://kentbeck.github.com/junit/javadoc/latest/

Not too sure if that should be an API or syntax, I suspect API
because Java also have only assert as syntax.

It would be really nice if they were pure global functions set.
And it would be nice if there is also support for something like
sprintf + assert to make formatting of messages really well defined
along with the assert testing of those messages.

Some places, all unit test needs to be logged within a file for
regression testing.

If the message is on the console and also in the log file, along
with some log diff tool, regression can be done.

That is to ensure future changes does not impact currently working
business logic. Few languages, if not none, support such thing without
using commercial tool. I am sure Java, C#, C++ does not have this as
part of the J/SDK.

Killing 2 birds with one stone.

--
Matthew Ong