[OT] D's community is awesome!

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sat Jun 11 12:00:22 PDT 2011

On 6/11/11 8:18 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> My only problem with github is its extremely slow code display.
> Opening up a larger module such as std.algorithm freezes firefox for a
> good couple of seconds (ok, maybe firefox is to blame for not running
> tabs concurrently or something), and scrolling is terribly slow too. I
> could make some coffee while std.datetime opens.. And I'm running a
> quad-core with 3 Gigs of RAM<rolleyes>.

This is strange, std.algorithm opens and scrolls super-smoothly here in
both Firefox and Chrome (OS X) – without syntax highlighting though,
presumably to avoid the precise problem you experience because the file
is quite large.

And std.datetime doesn't even display in the GitHub UI due to its sheer
size, but the »raw« view loads fast here as well (Firefox and Chrome
again) – problems with that would rather be due to browser limitations
or connection issues, I suppose, unless GitHub are screwing up serving a
text file.

David