[OT] D's community is awesome!

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 12:27:35 PDT 2011

On 6/11/11, David Nadlinger <see at klickverbot.at> wrote:
> On 6/11/11 8:18 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>> My only problem with github is its extremely slow code display.
>> Opening up a larger module such as std.algorithm freezes firefox for a
>> good couple of seconds (ok, maybe firefox is to blame for not running
>> tabs concurrently or something), and scrolling is terribly slow too. I
>> could make some coffee while std.datetime opens.. And I'm running a
>> quad-core with 3 Gigs of RAM<rolleyes>.
>
> This is strange, std.algorithm opens and scrolls super-smoothly here in
> both Firefox and Chrome (OS X) – without syntax highlighting though,
> presumably to avoid the precise problem you experience because the file
> is quite large.
>
> And std.datetime doesn't even display in the GitHub UI due to its sheer
> size, but the »raw« view loads fast here as well (Firefox and Chrome
> again) – problems with that would rather be due to browser limitations
> or connection issues, I suppose, unless GitHub are screwing up serving a
> text file.
>
> David

Yeah there's no syntax highlighting in std.algorithm but it still take
8 seconds to load the tab (firefox freezes during that time), and then
scrolling acts erratic. Using raw is ok, it's just a text file in a
browser so that doesn't cause any issues.

Hmm.. maybe one of my installed firefox plugin has gone rogue or
something. I'll see if I can recreate this issue in IE/Chrome.