DDMD

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Jun 28 11:30:03 PDT 2011

"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1253.1309231919.14074.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

> But I don't know who is working on what? From posts around here I've
> seen a mention of someone overhauling DDMD to use the GC,

Yea, that's Denis Koroskin ("korDen"). From what I understand, he's the main
guy behind DDMD. Although what he's doing, from what he described to me, is
adding *a* GC to DDMD to clean up the leeks the ported frontend leaves
behind (Ie, not the druntime GC).

> and Nick
> seems to work on his own code injection mechanism.

That's already in (and it's totally optional for anyone who doesn't like
it). Although it's possible I may have missed a few classes I should have
added it to...(Actually, I know I missed at least one, I'll have to check
again to see what it was...something like "DIdent" or "Identifier" maybe?)
It's a trivial change though. Just the same two little lines added to each
affected module.

Unless Jacob Carlborg's already back on it, I've been temped to finish the
work he started on making it build on Linux (I had assumed that was
complete, but he told me there was still more to be done on that.)

> It seems like there
> will be duplicated work unless we all know who is doing what.

Yea, probably a good idea for us to take a poll on that.

> Me, I'd like to start doing diffs and slowly porting the old frontend
> to the newest one (2.053). But maybe someone is already doing that
> work.. hard to tell when there's no organization.

I was thinking of doing that since I didn't see anyone else doing it, but I
have a ton of other things keeping me plenty busy, so that'd be great if you
could. I don't know if anyone else is already working on it though (although
the last pushes besides mine were 7 months ago, so I suspect not).

According to a quick look at the changeset page (
http://hg.dsource.org/projects/ddmd/ ), the other contributors to DDMD,
besides me and Denis, are Trass3r, Eldar Insafutdinov, and Jacob Carlborg.
To all of them: Are you currently working on anything in DDMD, and if so,
what?  To all: Is there anyone else working on anything?