Implementation hiding

so so at so.so
Wed Jun 29 13:35:30 PDT 2011

Hello list,

In one of my never-ending searches to a solution for the infamous
implementation hiding issue we have with C derived languages, (i don't
know if other languages have a final solution, anyways irrelevant) today i
found this article. I have read it before but as it happens i overlooked
the important part.

The author is someone you might know. (Hint: he also trolls here)

The Counterfeit this:
http://www.artima.com/cppsource/backyard3.html

After i read the related part, the question came up was if it was
applicable to D.
Patience rewards once again, a few lines later: "These techniques are also
applicable to the D programming language".

My question is, have any of you tried it or related ideas on this issue?
I didn't try yet but it looks quite promising, i wonder why it is not used
much as it suggests (and it does) that it solves all the problems with
Pimpl which is very popular.

Thanks.