Why I'm hesitating to switch to D

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:43:02 PDT 2011

Adam Richardson:
> For the same reason, I would prefer not to manage a website using
> DDoc, but rather use tools that are crafted specifically for the job
> and then augment those tools with DDoc.

That's how the D website works, in practice.

The DDOC= macro in std.ddoc contains just plain HTML, into which
the generated documentation is entered.

It's not required to be html. Heck, the DDOC= can be blank except
for referencing the body.

ddoc's output is basically just a simple preprocessor for any text,
and it barely modifies it at all if you don't want it to.