Proposal for std.path replacement

Thu Mar 3 08:29:00 PST 2011

As mentioned in the "std.path.getName(): Screwy by design?" thread, I
started working on a rewrite of std.path a long time ago, but I got
sidetracked by other things.  The recent discussion got me working on it
again, and it turned out there wasn't that much left to be done.

So here it is, please comment:

    http://kyllingen.net/code/ltk/doc/path.html
    https://github.com/kyllingstad/ltk/blob/master/ltk/path.d

Features:

- Most functions work with all string types, i.e. all permutations of
mutable/const/immutable(char/wchar/dchar)[].  Notable exceptions are
toAbsolute() and toCanonical, because they rely on std.file.getcwd()
which returns an immutable(char)[].

- Correct behaviour in corner cases that aren't covered by the current
std.path.  See the other thread for some examples, or take a look at the
unittests for a more complete picture.

- Saner naming scheme.  (Still not set in stone, of course.)

-Lars