LLVM 3.0 type system changes

filgood filgood at somewhere.net
Wed Mar 9 15:03:05 PST 2011

This is fantastic news! Many thanks for all your hard work. Not only
seems LDC2 coming closer to be supporting the current D2, there is now
SDC too (I must admit that a self hosting compiler (front end + LLVM
back-end in D I mean) is a big statement for a language in my view).
Please keep up the good work!

Although, I don't post on this NG much, I've been following it for a
while, and if the increased diversification in people participating here
verbally/code/project wise are representative, then I can only see the
momentum that D as a language recently is gathering to be very exciting.
I work at a company where I have a big influence on the programming
languages to be used and have been porting some of our code to D as an
experiment/me learning the language/reading TDPL - and I'm very pleased
with the results so far...to a point that if it was not for a broader
developed phobos (database access, messaging framework bindings (zeroMQ,
google protobuffers, thrift), cross platform gui tool kits, etc) I would
be keen to push the language for production usage at this point (knowing
existing bugs in the compiler, but where I feel one can work around these).

Anyway, I just want this to be a message of support for D and great
appreciation of what has been achieved so far.

thanks, fil