Status report, milestones, quality improvements?

Nicholas just at ask.com
Wed Mar 16 08:23:42 PDT 2011

> There's
> still no good tutorials and I think the reason for that is because of
> the poor documentation. No one knows how the language is supposed to
> work, so they can't write tutorials!

I think you may have said this in a mean-spirited way, but there is a lot of truth
to this.  The best documentation right now is Andrei's book but I think its main
problem is that it's D-language specific, in that it covers the fundamentals of
the language but not too much into the quick-changing standard library.  As a
result, it doesn't curb the overhead cost of learning D because you're either: 1)
building tools that already exist -- but don't know existed, or 2) digging through
documentation trying to find what you need.

I wouldn't mind getting a small team of volunteers together to work solely on
centralized, well-organized documentation.