Pull requests for multiple issues?

Fri Mar 18 02:00:03 PDT 2011

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 20:59:54 -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> I was thinking of converting my patches for various rdmd issues into
> github pull requests, but being relatively new to DVCSes (longtime SVN
> user here) I was wondering what's the "kosher" way to do it?:
>
> - A separate branch for each issue, with a pull request for each branch?
>
> - One branch with a separate commit for each issue, and a pull request
> for each commit?
>
> - One branch with a separate commit for each issue, and a pull request
> for the whole branch? If so, the root of the branch or the leaf of the
> branch?

You need a separate branch for each pull request.  Commits which depend
on each other should of course be in a single branch.  Other than that, I
would recommend creating a separate branch/pull req. for each issue.
That way, if the patch for issue X isn't approved, the patches for Y and
Z can still be merged in.

-Lars