[GSOC] ANTLR and Java based D parser for IDE usage

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Sat Mar 26 07:41:11 PDT 2011

On 25/03/2011 18:24, Luca Boasso wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since  my previous thread title "GSOC 2011" was not so specific I created a
> new one. Please refer to the previous posts.
>
> I would like to know if this ANTLR idea could be useful or not for the
> D community and if eventually somebody is interested to be my mentor.
>
> Please feel free to discuss about this topic.
>
> Thank you
>
> Luca Boasso

Hi Luca. Yes, I am interested in being a mentor for proposals such as
these: anything related to Eclipse-based D IDE stuff (and accordingly I
have contacted Andrei and Walter to apply).

But to make a successful proposal it helps (perhaps even is essential)
to be familiar and well aware of how the GSoC project would be used and
how it would be useful in conjunction with existing tools. And again it
help that some of these things (at least the basic stuff) are figured
out and explored out of the initiative of the student himself.

So, first of all, which D IDEs have you tried so far?

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer