GCC 4.6

so so at so.so
Tue Mar 29 14:37:46 PDT 2011

> Listen kid, you're some biology student, right? You're just coding for
> fun. And more importantly, you haven't participated in any long term
> real world systems programming projects. This kind of work experience
> doesn't give you the competence to evaluate the knowledge and work of
> people with tens of years of programming experience under their belt.
>
> You might be terribly smart, but you're missing the point. Can you see
> what we are building here? A whole language ecosystem. Andrei has done
> great work by attracting competent CS persons in to the community. The
> development is changing. We need to find important persons,
> organizations, solve project management issues and all kinds of
> non-technical stuff now. Some kid posting yet another daily feature
> proposal isn't helping us at all. It's distracting and just plain noise.
> Can you see this from our POV? I really hope this forum is getting
> moderation once the community grows large enough.

I find his posts among the most informative.
As you also pointed out, he is doing a lot. Still, if one doesn't like it
he can always ignore.

On another note: I just hope this language never gets matured in the sense
you are suggesting and the community improves it in every opportunity. To
make this even more possible we need language features that ease (or make
possible) the development of library solutions.