There's new GIT instructions on Github now

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Fri May 20 14:44:23 PDT 2011

Am 20.05.2011 23:32, schrieb so:
> On Sat, 21 May 2011 00:18:05 +0300, Daniel Gibson
> <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Linus developed git because he needed a DVCS for Linux kernel
>> development. I don't think many Linux kernel developers use Windows..
>> (at least not for Linux kernel development)
>
> This maybe "was" the reason, but if it still is, what is all the hype
> about its being the new DVCS?
> So things changed, it is not only for them.

Seems like it turned out that git is so great that everybody wants to
use it. I don't see how this forces the git team to deliver a (perfect)
Windows version themselves - it's not like they're getting paid to do it
or something.

>> So we need platform independent drivers?
>
> Absolutely.

That would mean that all OS kernels are the same, or at least similar
enough to provide a uniform interface for drivers. I don't think this
feasible.