There's new GIT instructions on Github now

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri May 20 15:08:36 PDT 2011

"Daniel Gibson" <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ir6nj9$1he8$5 at digitalmars.com...
> Am 20.05.2011 23:32, schrieb so:
>> On Sat, 21 May 2011 00:18:05 +0300, Daniel Gibson
>> <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So we need platform independent drivers?
>>
>> Absolutely.
>>

> That would mean that all OS kernels are the same, or at least similar
> enough to provide a uniform interface for drivers. I don't think this
> feasible.

I'd imagine there's a lot in a driver that wouldn't really need porting from
OS to OS. Sure, the end that talks to the kernel maybe, but the other end,
everything that talks to the hardware, I'd imagine that would be the same.
So all you really should need would be a compatible bridge interface to the
kernel.