There's new GIT instructions on Github now

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sat May 21 02:53:18 PDT 2011

On Sat, 21 May 2011 12:28:04 +0300, Don <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:

>>  How did you end up with a text mount? Did you create it yourself?
>
> I don't even know what a text mount is.  (That's a quote from the page).
> But my symptoms seem exactly the same as that.
>
> My experience is:
> * download, standard install.
> * As far as I know there is nothing unusual to my Windows setup.
> * Running 'git status' corrupts the database.
> * Googling for the error message I find other people have encountered
> this before.
> * I find many other bugs within a couple of hours of use.
> Conclude this is an _extremely_ immature product.
>
> I'm amazed anyone disagrees with that.

Well, there you have the main point of our argument: your experience with
Git on Windows was indeed awful, but why should someone (the overwhelming
majority?) who never encountered these problems agree with you?

All I'm saying is that you are presenting the conclusions based on your
personal experience as an objective truth. Git may appear to be "an
_extremely_ immature product" when used on a system and in a manner
similar to yours, but you can't say that about everyone.

Have you had a chance to try DustMite yet? I was looking for the
std.datetime problem you referred to in the D.learn post, but couldn't
find it.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net