Example within documentations of D seriously need some improvement.

Matthew Ong ongbp at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 04:55:03 PDT 2011

On 5/27/2011 7:13 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:

> If there's missing documentation, file a bug report.
Will do that soon.

> Otherwise the docs are not a tutorial for the language. If there ever
> will be a tutorial that's hosted on the D website it will probably be
> in a section of its own.
>
> Foo/Bar are typical ways of naming symbols in example code. See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foobar .

1960s and early 1970s // Please note. It works for simple concept.
My first language was 1994/5. Perhaps generation gap.

Using one abstract(metavariable) idea to describe another abstract
syntax concept. abstract + abstrac = abstract (not clear)
Perhaps Banking Account example or Vehicles or anything seen by user
daily can communicate better. Hopefully that gives some idea.

If you notice, all my posting about problem unless is too simple, I do
uses some thing solid/less abstract to communicate that.
This should help reader reading it and does not need to guess and guess.

> I'm not sure what you mean by lack of organization. Although maybe
> adding a "Jump to" section on the top of each page could help figure
> out what is listed on each page.

adding a "Jump to" section on the top of each page
Perhaps on the right hand side and each section is formatted with a
table column like manner.

--
Matthew Ong
email: ongbp at yahoo.com