Example within documentations of D seriously need some improvement.

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Fri May 27 05:13:02 PDT 2011

I'm not sure how Vehicles or Bank Account is going to help describe
access modifiers. There's no connection, and will end up confusing the
reader. Foo and Bar are used when the focus is not on the semantics
but on the syntax of the language.

On the other hand, if you're going to explain concurrency you might
use Bank Account as a name, it could help explain things a little
better if there's an obvious connection (e.g. transactions between
bank accounts needs synchronization, etc..). But for simple examples
that just show the syntax of the language, I think foobar is ok.

If you know of any concrete examples that are confusing because they
use the foobar notation, feel free to list them in a bug report and
suggest any improvements you could think of.

Here's the link to bugzilla:
http://d.puremagic.com/issues/enter_bug.cgi?product=D , select
"websites" if it's a language documentation bug or "Phobos" if it's a
bug in the library documentation.

I care about documentation as much as you do, so I'll definitely look
at any bug reports for the docs.