openrj.d resurrected

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun May 29 08:11:19 PDT 2011

On 5/29/11 2:18 AM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> On 5/29/2011 12:11 AM, Walter Bright wrote:

>>> By changing your build process to start with an empty directory for each release?
>>
>> Nope. Simply deleted it.
>
> You really ought to rework your build/release process to deal with an empty starting point.  It's far more repeatable
> and reliable.  This sort of problem will happen every time a file is removed or renamed.  As history has shown more than
> once. :)

I agree... and I'm glad we're at a point in history where continuing to
improve our teamwork and deployment practices becomes vital. Speaking of
which, it would be great if pull requests enjoyed a larger
participation. Pull request authors are very important to the future of
D, and improving the time to acceptance would work greatly towards
encouraging them and towards attracting others.

Andrei