Native D MySQL Driver

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Fri Nov 4 12:22:33 PDT 2011

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 16:58:23 +0000, Dejan Lekic wrote:

> It is all right - you asked for opinions - you got it. :)
>
> If I wanted to do it in chunks, I would code that myself, and execute
> something like "SELECT * FROM few_bil_rows_table LIMIT offset,
> rowCount".

That's close to my point. Someone wanting the whole shebang would not
have any particular difficulty in using the interfaces I'm proposing,
without explicitly asking for chunks.

The server sends the whole thing, all I'm doing for the complete result
set case is to aggregate all - or some restricted number - of the rows. I
don't see any efficiency penalty for a user who chooses to aggregate the
same incoming stream of rows in some other way. There's no work for her
to do - they're already decoded.

But what is going to be the most common aggregation requirement? I'm
thinking it is a size_t array of rows.

Steve