Phobos examples and auto

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Sat Nov 5 21:29:57 PDT 2011

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 15:14:14 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

>>> If we avoid "auto" in documentation examples but we do use it in
>>> everyday code, we effectively foster a style that's foreign and
>>> non-idiomatic to newcomers.

Andrei,

I don't use auto in everyday code, in fact I don't think I've ever used
it at all. I've been with D for some years now, but apparently I write
'foreign and non-idiomatic' D. This goes just a tad beyond patronizing
your reader.

Can you write us a brief article that will convince me of its benefits,
and the error of my ways please. There's no Borders where I live, and
Amazon does not deliver to Africa, so I don't have the benefit of your
book.

Steve