ODBC component licenses

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 05:03:55 PST 2011

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 23:01:57 -0500, Steve Teale
<steve.teale at britseyeview.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:39:28 -0800, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

>>> So what about etc.curl for instance?
>
>> It's not LGPL.
>
> Steve thought linking to LGPL was not a problem - we link to glibc
>
> But it presumably has to be linked to a library?

I'm 100% sure linking to an LGPL shared object is fine for Phobos.

I'm not sure at all linking to an LGPL static library is fine for Phobos.
There are both legal and philosophical issues to resolve.  From what I've
read online, it appears to be legal with certain versions of the LGPL,
maybe all of them.

BTW, I started reading this post thinking you were referring to yourself
in the 3rd person :)

-Steve