State of LDC

Alex Rønne Petersen xtzgzorex at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 10:37:05 PST 2011

On 11-11-2011 19:31, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/11/2011 5:43 AM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:

>>> This needs to be publicized somewhere. This whole time I thought LDC was
>>> dead because I was looking on Thomas Lindquist's BitBucket repo, which
>>> hasn't been updated since July.
>>
>> Come to think of it, I don't think it was announced anywhere but on
>> IRC. There
>> was, however, an NG post a while back, asking whether LDC could be
>> hosted under
>> the DPL organization on GitHub (it didn't get much of any attention...).
>
> I hadn't noticed that request.
>
> I don't know if it is a good idea or not to put it under
> d-programming-language. One issue is it might run out of space for the
> free version :-) Another might be the implication of who is in charge of
> it.

I was in contact with GitHub some months back, and the space limit is
actually a soft limit - for open source projects, they don't actually
care if we exceed the limit (as long as we aren't doing anything
obviously evil of course :)).

I think you could use the teams system in organizations to deal with
admin access to the repos.

> Anyhow, may I make a suggestion? I tried to make a deimos project under
> github, but that was taken. So instead, I thought of
> d-programming-deimos, which seems perfect. Can I suggest renaming
> ldc-developers to d-programming-ldc? I think that would help tie the D
> related projects together.
>
> Right now, someone looking at "ldc-developers" would have no idea it is
> related to D.
>
> Prefixing D projects with "d-programming" would help out with brand
> visibility.

Makes sense.

- Alex