Website message overhaul

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Mon Nov 14 01:10:38 PST 2011

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 03:50:04 +0200, Andrei Alexandrescu

> Walter and I have been working on the website for a while. We want to
> crystallize a clear message of what the D programming language is.

It's way too cheesy in my opinion. Reads like a desperate sales pitch.
Also, too much text - right now it looks like an unappealing wall of text.
Also, ads? Really? Are we so cheap that we can't even afford web hosting
without annoying the user with often embarrassingly-irrelevant
advertisements?

Compare with other programming language websites:

http://golang.org/
http://www.scala-lang.org/
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/cambridge/projects/fsharp/