Website message overhaul

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Nov 14 02:54:41 PST 2011

On 11/14/2011 2:27 AM, Dejan Lekic wrote:
> Andrei, what attracted me to D some ... 7-8 years ago was the fact it is a
> *pragmatic* language. Modules, unittesting, design by contract, "version"
> keyword, much clearer syntax for templates where always on top of my list of
> D features.

The idea for the front page is to list 3 concepts about D. Not 2, not 4, and
most definitely not a laundry list. This is based on a fair amount of cognitive
research.

Each concept can have 3 sub-aspects to it, etc.

So yes, D has a lot of features, and everyone has their favorites. The hard part
is boiling it down to the 3 most essential and definitive concepts about D, and
then to be able to summarize it into a "tweet" sized chunk of text.

If someone asks about D, and they get a long rambling list of features, they
will tune out.