[D-Programming-Deimos] Review process?

Jude Young 10equals2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 21:39:01 PST 2011

On Mon 14 Nov 2011 11:06:20 PM CST, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/14/2011 5:54 AM, Jude Young wrote:
>> Ok, I think that the ncurses bindings are about ready.
>> Just something to remember: ncurses is HUGE.
>
> The header files, too?

Over 2000 lines of code in the curses.h file.

Which wouldn't be a problem except quite a bit of it is preprocessor
directives.
When a large percentage of the functions are defined macros it can get
very tedious very quickly.

I'm not about to count the number of function declarations, but it
looks to be over 300... just going by line numbers.
I'd count that as huge, but maybe I simply don't have enough experience
yet. hahah.

> The latter (.d files at the top level).
Great, cause that's what I did.  =P

> Deimos is for interfaces to publicly available C libraries. For
> inclusion to Deimos, those libraries ought to be notable, high
> quality, and reasonably well known, i.e. you can do an "apt get" for
> them on Ubuntu.
I'll keep that in mind when looking for my next project.

Ok, thank you for the time.